Why I collect your personal data and what I do with it
When you supply your personal details to me via your PARQ (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) form or a referral form from your referring programme, they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the sections in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – i.e. the law):
1. I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible exercise prescription. Your requesting access to my classes and my agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide exercise advice.
2. I have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it I can not do my job effectively and safely.
3. I believe that it is important that I can contact you in order to confirm any details with you, send you video email links or to update you on matters related to your exercise prescription. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let me know by any convenient method.
I have a legal obligation to retain your records whilst you continue to use my classes and for 3 years afterwards, but after this period you can ask me to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, I will retain your records indefinitely in order that I can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see me at some future date.
If you book online for any service via www.avenuehealth.co.uk your personal data is stored on Cliniko, a cloud based solution based in Australia. Cliniko has signed a contract with Avenue Health Ltd to protect patient data subject rights in accordance with GDPR. If you fill out your PARQ online this information is stored on the cloud and only downloaded when required. When downloaded it is password protected and stored on a password protected document.
When subscribing to Cardiac Lauren your personal details are stored via AMember and Stripe. AMember is the subscription programme where your login details are stored and only Lauren Walker has access to this. Stripe is the payment system and is linked to Avenue Health Ltd so your payments are made into this account. Lauren Walker and Avenue Health do not have access to any of your debit/credit card details and therefore your payment details are safe.
We will never share your personal data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• The medical records service who store and process our files
• Avenue Health Ltd reception staff (if you have any records on Cliniko), because they organise our practitioners’ diaries, and coordinate appointments and reminders (but they do not have access to your medical history or sensitive personal information)
From time to time, I may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but not your medical notes). I will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and I will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours I hold, and you can also ask me to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask me to erase your records.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that I am mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
020 8395 1177
51 Wickham Avenue
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.